Applications are invited for the position of Health and Safety Advisor for a Construction firm based in Dartford. Apollo Building Services Limited specialise in the pre-installation building work for medical imaging equipment and, due to continued growth, is now seeking to strengthen its Health and Safety team. The successful applicant will undertake general Health and Safety advisory, administrative and operational duties.
Responsibilities will include:-
• Production of Health and Safety Construction Phase Plans
• Preparation of RAMS
• Production of site set-up and handover material
• Production of COSHH data
• Assisting in the completion of monthly Health and Safety audits
• Ensuring operational health and safety requirements are met
• Managing training requirements and ensuring records are updated accordingly
• Managing accident statistics
• Undertaking accident/incident investigations and reporting as necessary to the appropriate body
• Assisting the Health and Safety Manager in the production, maintenance and delivery of Health and Safety objectives and the strategic plan
• Assisting the Health and Safety Manager in the production, maintenance and delivery of the Health and Safety management system, procedures and processes.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in the construction industry
• NEBOSH qualified
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to influence at all levels
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
• Team focused approach with a positive attitude.
• Good written and numeracy skills, minimum GCSE grade C (or equivalent)
• Good IT skills including MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
The successful applicant will be required to travel to construction sites around the UK on a regular basis. Working hours are 8.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility to suit individual site requirements.
Applicants with experience of working within an ISO/OHSAS accredited environment will have a distinct advantage.
Please apply in writing with an up to date CV and covering letter. Your application should clearly demonstrate your suitability for the role.
Apollo Building Services Limited is part of Coniston Limited and is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Strictly no agencies