Our clients are an expanding wholesale packaging operation committed to quality in a customer-focused industry. They have built an exceptional reputation by combining many years of expertise with modern production and processing techniques, supporting local sourcing with a focus on quality. They are currently going through a phase of significant capital investment to fuel and support growth opportunities.
To promote agronomic best practice in order that growers may become the most technically competent, profitable and aware in the UK industry, and specifically to:
* Understand and appreciate the aims of the Advisory Service.
* Undertake regular visits to members’ farms to a schedule agreed with each individual member and Senior Regional Agronomist prior to the commencement of each season, to include;
* Pest and disease monitoring reported by ICMS Sheet following each visit
* Control recommendations provided through the Muddy Boots GLGM platform, including use and distribution of ‘beneficial species’
* Crop notes and photos to be communicated to the grower highlighting specific issues
* Incorporation and interpretation of trapping data provided by the pest monitoring team
* Organise and participate in taking of soil or substrate, plant, leaf or sap samples, including ‘Plant Health’ testing.
* Planning and prescription of Integrated Pest Management Strategies
* Basic Crop husbandry and hygiene recommendations, in accordance with Senior Regional Agronomists direction
* Irrigation strategy recommendations
* Analysis of growing media and ‘fertigation’ management recommendations
* Environmental management recommendations
* Flower mapping interpretation
* Interpretation of Plant health testing results
Demonstrate ability and confidence in systems and hardware provided to efficiently collate crop monitoring information and provide safe and legal remedial applications
Supporting research programmes and adaption of new technologies on the farm
Support and advise the introduction of beneficial new varieties. Assisting in selecting most suitable varieties for the site, soil and production systems, and to ensure that the best agronomic practices for each of the new varieties is being acted upon and implemented.
Liaise and collaborate with Pest Monitoring teams to plan the distribution and maintenance of pest monitoring traps and devices
To assist with hosting and facilitating training events, meetings farm walks and any other such events held to support and expand members (and their staff’s) knowledge and understanding.
Contribute to a regular fortnightly technical bulletin and disseminate useful and pertinent agronomic information obtained from industry meetings and events, for distribution to other technical colleagues and, where appropriate, for circulation to all members.
Assists with training and development of trainees as directed by Senior Regional Agronomists or Agronomy Manager.
Dedicate time towards maintaining and increasing own familiarity with all crops produced by Growers, through personal development.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, able to work alone and unsupervised
Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
Good interpersonal skills and well-developed management skills
Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk-aware approach
Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as requires
Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
* BASIS and FACTS qualifications essential.
* UK (or equivalent) Driving Licence
* Good level of written and spoken English Language
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a “clean” copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR – Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market…