Recognised for our first rate customer service, we have developed an outstanding reputation that has enabled our practice to flourish. We have certain standards we strive to uphold and therefore require a Bookkeeper/Junior Accountant of similar calibre who has both exceptional interpersonal skills as well as substantial technical knowledge and the dedication to excel within our forwarding thinking firm.
We are looking to expand our fast growing practice with an enthusiastic individual who can enrich our proficient and self-motivated team.
We provide a wide range of services to SME’s, OMB’s, HNWI’s and corporate groups. In this varied role, you will become responsible for a wide variety of clients, predominantly producing VAT returns but also tasked with assisting other staff with production of year end accounts and CIS matters. Clients will typically be small limited companies with turnovers of £75k to £1m, from a variety of industries. Work will generally by undertaken in house but there are times when visits to client premises will be required.
You will be comfortable working in a general practice environment, confident using both Quickbooks Online and Excel, and working from incomplete records to produce a fully reconciled trial balance. You will need to compliment your technical skills with the ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and approachable way, with a view to building long-standing relationships. Many of our clients have a limited grasp of accounting and will rely on you to guide them through the process and help them to understand their accounts.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following broad range of accounting duties:
• Balance sheet reconciliations;
• Management of incomplete records;
• Preparation of VAT returns and online filing with HMRC;
• Preparing interim management accounts, to include a P&L and Balance sheet;
• Resolving technical queries;
• Assisting in the planning and management of the workflow;
• Building and maintaining client relationships;
• Ensuring that all work is completed on time and within budget;
• Meeting and exceeding all statutory and client deadlines;
• Providing the client with efficient and effective client service at all times;
• CIS calculations and return submissions.
The following skills and experience are essential for the successful candidate:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience, within a UK general accountancy practice environment, covering ledger work, journals and balance sheet reconciliations;
• Proficient in Quickbooks Online and Excel;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Outstanding organisational skills;
• Ability to work to deadlines and manage a diverse portfolio of clients;
• Someone who takes pride in their work and in offering a first class service;
• Work efficiently in order to complete targets and meet deadlines;
• Comfortable working within a fast paced working environment;
• Team player;
• Self-starter, using own initiative and is proactive;
• Problem solving;
• Self-management, able to manage their time effectively to meet long term goals set by senior levels or management and directors.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.